A website can be a good, marketing, branding and sales tool but also a terrible master. Quite often I have met young entrepreneurs excited about having websites for their businesses. These young entrepreneurs I have often cautioned them, that a website is not an end to itself but a means to a business goal.
When you decide to have a website which by the way is a must for you. You must know what to look for to have an effective website.
What are the three parts and aspects of a website that determine if it’s adding value for you?
Speed of loading
A slow loading website is frustrating and might kick prospects out of the buying mood or mood to be sold.
Graphic and web design of the site
A bad design is bad news for your brand. Create trust with your designs on the website.
The copy on the website
The copy is the sales person for your website. That sales person better live up to the job.
What should your website copy do for you?
- Very important your copy should make your website show up in search engines search results.
- Your copy should tell the reader all they need to know about your business or organisation.
- Your copy should make your company or organisation stand out from the competition.
- Your website copy should tell all to the reader about products and services the organisation offers
- Your copy should compel the reader to buy the company’s services.
Common website mistakes
Listed below are some of the website mistakes that many entrepreneurs make on their websites.
- Failure to tell the people exactly what to do next and where to click.
- Vagueness and confusion in sales pages
- Jumbled navigation menus.
- Poorly written content
- Poor headlines that fail to grab attention
- Forgetting to include street location and all contact details such as phone numbers on your website.
What should a good website audit do for you?
To fix all the mistakes and identify all the opportunities for improvement on the website a good website audit should be performed. If the entrepreneur can’t do it a good copywriter should be found.
Identify the need for new pages as well as revisions to existing pages.
Identify opportunities for building traffic, for optimizing search engines, creating subscribers and capturing leads.
What are some of the website drama you have witnessed?
Written by Aubrey Mavhuli
Chief Copywriter Supervaluecopy.com
Do you need any great marketing copy professionally written for you? Contact me for a free proposal. Do you need sales or marketing training give me a shout? email@example.com